Home!

Home!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Daddy

Ok, so the anniversary of my Dad's passing was on Saturday, September 18th.  On Friday night I was at a funeral and something made me think of him and a memory of him when I was little.  Sitting at the Consistory in Collingswood - I'm about 8 years old or so.  My mom and I and him are there listening to Larry Farrari play the organ.  Larry is playing a sing-a-long and the song "Let me call you sweetheart" is playing, everyone is singing and I distinctly remember my Dad looking at me and singing and smiling.  It's a nice memory of him that I treasure - anyway, Saturday Joans and John and I are shopping for his shoes, getting his eyes checked, etc. and end up at McDonald's in Turnersville for lunch.  We get our food and sit down - the music playing in the background is elevator music, John says he feels like he's in an elevator - we all laugh about it cause most McDonald's now days play radio type music.  We start to eat and all of a sudden "Let me call you sweetheart" comes over the speaker - I start to cry (actually sob) - can't believe that it's on there on his anniversary to boot!  Guess he was just saying "Hi" on that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment